Sunday, December 21, 2014

CHRISTMAS SHOPPING ~ With HILDA MADSEN LONGSDORF





Awake,  I have worried,  fussed,  fumed and planned.     


Asleep I have sought over sea and land.



Wherever I went, when I told them the price,


Clerks would smile - show sympathy - and try to be nice.


                          ~~~~~

 

I have been to the Wasatch, the Progress and Squires.


I have looked at all things a human admires.  


At Gunderson's  ~ at Biddles  ~ and over at Pete's too.

I asked to see their goods, both old and new.

 
                     ~~~~~

 I went to Penney's, and then to the Sanpete.  

I am quite sure I visited all places on Main Street.

I roamed  North and South, up and down.

I almost decided to go to some other town.

                    ~~~~~~
 
At last discouraged and in despair, I searched 

mail order catalogues from everywhere.

 But whenever I saw an article I thought would be nice,

Uncle Sam’s postage would just add to the price.

                  ~~~~~~


I have seen radios, automobiles, blankets and mitts,


but darned if I could find anything for only two bits.

Today I decided on this present so plain and queer.


Here is wishing you a 


MERRY CHRISTMAS and a HAPPY NEW YEAR



Hilda and Showman Longsdorf

No comments: