Tuesday, August 18, 2015

From Our Archives ~ Three Unknown Homes




Three Unknown Homes ~ Unknown Locations

Your Help would be appreciated !!!






Update:

The home with eleven people standing in front with the white pointed trim on the front windows and door was taken in 1878 or 1879. It is the home of William and Ellen Grames Lake (My great grand parents)The people are my grandparents and the small girl in front of her mother is my grand mother Rosie Lake. Rosie was born in Mt. Pleasant and married Herbert Farnworth the son of George Farnworth. George Farnworth was one of several original families who were sent by Brigham Young to establish Mt. Pleasant. 


***


My name is Richard Jackson and you have posted a home on the Mt Pleasant Museum web site which I have identified as the one my Grandmother Rosie Lake Farnworth was born in.  It belonged to my great grand parents William Lake and Ellen Grames Lake.  It is located in Mt. Pleasant and I have attached two pictures of it.  The top one is the one our family took in 1966 and the bottom one is the one you posted on your web site.  It appears as though my 1966 picture reveals some remodeling on the home over the years.  The family in front of the home is that of my great grandparents William and Ellen Grames Lake taken about 1878 or 1879.  If you happen to have a high resolution picture of this, I would love to have it so I can print a larger picture with out the graininess.
Thank you so much for posting this picture! 
Sincerly,
Richard E. Jackson
Farnworth Family Historian and Geneologist
jacksonre@comcast.net
Farnworth blog: http://FarnworthReunions.shutterfly.com










No comments: