Thursday, February 4, 2016

Sonita ...brides for sale ~~~Wasatch Academy


MT. PLEASANT, Sanpete County — Geometry is a language many of us have trouble understanding, but imagine trying to comprehend it when you can't understand a word the teacher's speaking.
It was about a year ago that Sonita Alizadah first set foot in America, and began learning the language, mainly though pictures. She likens her experience to being deaf.
"You know, what do you call them?" she asked with a smile. "They speak with their hands."
Sonita attends Wasatch Academy, a small school in the small town of Mt. Pleasant in central Utah.
"I love it!" she said. "Especially Wasatch, because Wasatch is the first real school for me. I have never been in a real school before."
Sonita came here from Iran, but that country isn't her home. Her family fled there from Afghanistan when she was a child.
"I don't have any happy story, except shooting in the night, and a picture of Taliban in my mind," she said.

No comments: