Thursday, December 3, 2009

Lee and Beth Reminisce - Lee R. Christensen and Beth Lund


Down in the third paragraph, Lee remembers his younger days at the Mt. Pleasant candy stores, hamburger stand and J. C. Penney.  It gives us a glimpse of downtown mainstreet as he remembers it when he was a young boy, stopping for candy after school. 

taken from Lee R. Christensen's book: "You Remember Me as Buddy".
I, too remember stopping at Merril Larsen's Drug Store for candy. Didn't everyone? Oh how those clerks must have dreaded the mobs of undecided children stopping for a penney treat. I remember also, my Aunt Verla introducing me to Iron Port  at the soda fountain. I thought it was only served to adults. In Fairview, where my grandmother lived, I always chose the fresh lime at their  soda fountain. Then, sometimes to reward myself for a good grade, I would buy a chocolate nut bar,  And I would try to make it last the 8 blocks I had to walk before I got home. What were they really called? I have a passion for chocolate, but now it only gives me "delicious" headaches. Kathy

No comments: