Thursday, May 25, 2023

Elisha Wilcox


I found this note among Johanna Madsen Hafen's history and memorabilia,
 given to me by her daughter JoAnne Hafen Granger.  
The photo I looked up and found it on Family Search.  
My thoughts are that someone might appreciate this information or even his handwriting.  He died in 1894.





 






























This letter was handed to me  by Frank Wilcox, (Sarah D. Wilcox, wife of  Asa

Wilcox) 

I Elisha Wilcox was born Oct. 24, 1809---Pennsylvania, Delaware Co. 

My father's name was Francis Wilcox.  He was born in York State, Orange Co., M....Co. 

His father's name was Hesekiah Wilcox.  He lived and died in the same

place.  My father had one sister by the name of Peggy.  My mother was born in 

York State.  Her name was Polly Wilcox. She and father were cousins.  My 

mother's mother was a Birch.  Mother had four brothers.  

One was Elisha, one was Asa Wilcox.  The two others names were Amos and Nathan Wilcox. 

I have four brothers living in Ohio _Asa, Thomas, George and Peter Wilcox. 

 I have one uncle by the name of Samuel Wilcox.  He died in Franklin Co. Ohio.




This was on Mother's side.  Mother had two sisters, Sally and Clara Wilcox.

Sally married a man by the name of Samuel Everetts.  She had four sons and 

three daughters; Thomas, Aaron Myer and Elisha Everetts.  

The youngest girl was Polly, Clara.  Clara Wilcox married a man by the name of Isiac Moore.

No comments: