Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Mt. Pleasant Depot Sketch "Sanpete Swift"


My Favorite Story About the Sanpete Swift

My pregnant mother took the Sanpete Swift to Salt Lake City where a Dr. Beldon delivered me at St. Marks Hospital.  I have always resented the fact that I could never say that I was born and raised in Mt. Pleasant as my husband Peter can.  We both dearly love Mt. Pleasant. My mother had to go to S.L.C because of two major reasons.  One, my mother was blood type A negative, a very rare blood type.   Second, she had been told she would never have another child because she was too full of scar tissue.  You see, my older brother (12 years older than me) weighed 12 pounds at his birth.  

Well, I was born just a few hours after my mother arrived in Salt Lake City.  I was born 7 minutes after 7:00 p.m.; weighed 7 pounds and 7 ounces.  And I was born the 7th month of 1947.  So you see the number "7" has always been my lucky number. Coincidentally, my last child was born in 1977. 

 I wish I could remember more about the train and the depot..  I grew up in the east part of town, almost a mile and a half from  the depot.  But I remember the train whistle to this day. I love to hear other's stories ..............Kathy Hafen

We would love to have you share your memories of the Mt. Pleasant Depot or rides on the "Sanpete Swift".



Lee's comment:  ~ Kathy: Great story. And your first words were " cho cho". lee

No comments: