The above information is taken from "History of Sanpete and Emery Counties", published in 1898 and published by W. H. Lever.
In 1879, a saw mill was operated in Twin Creek Canyon; later it was moved to Canal Canyon. As all of the work done at this mill was for the Manti Temple, it was called the Temple saw mill; people working there received credit at the temple, some tithing-script was also paid. This mill was operated through the winter; the lumber then was hauled in bobsleds. Women were employed to do the cooking.
The above is taken from "History of Mount Pleasant" written by Hilda Madsen Longsdorf page 157.