Monday, June 17, 2019

Moses Martin Sanders and wife Amanda Armstrong Fausett Family and Homestead built in Birdseye



You may remember the log cabin that sat by the pond on the west side of the road out in Birdseye.  I believe it was close to the boys home that was on the east side of the road.  

I was told years ago that it was built by my ancestor, Moses Martin Sanders and one of his sons.  Well, the following items match that story.  Moses Martin Sanders and wife Amanda Armstron Fausett Sanders did live in Mt. Pleasant for a short time and then decided to move to Fairview, and maybe a little further north.  He later moved to St. George to help build the temple there.  He died in St. George and is buried there.  I have visited his grave.  His wife, Amanda went further south to Arizona and is buried in an old pioneer cemetery  south of Payson Arizona.  I have also visited her grave there.  

The cabin in Birdseye suddenly disappeared and then I heard that it had been taken to Nauvoo and rebuilt there.  And below you can see  that it actually is there.  



My link to the Sanders Family is throug Emma Sanders Tidwell.  She married James Harvey Tidwell.  



No comments: