Wednesday, November 20, 2013

"My Farm"
by Marvin LeRoy Coates

My farm to me, is not just land,
Where bare, unpainted buildings stand,
To me, my farm is nothing less
Than all God's created loveliness.

My farm is not where I must soil
My hands in endless, dreary toil..
But there, through seed and swelling pod, 
I've learned to walk and talk with God.

My Farm, to me, is not a place
Outmoded by a modern race..
I like to think I just see less
Of evil, greed and selfishness.

My Farm's not lonely - for all day
I hear my children shout and play
And here when age comes, free from fears,
I'll live again, long, joyous years.

My farm's a heaven -- here dwells rest,
Security, and happiness
Whatever befalls the world outside,
Here faith and hope and love abide.

And so my farm is not just land,
Where bare, unpainted buildings stand
To me, my farm is nothing less
Than all God's Hoarded Loveliness.

No comments: