See related article here: http://www.blogger.com/post-edit.g?blogID=823365018368490611&postID=3136510531583009047
Hyrum and Adolph Merz donated this carved fountain to the city of Mt. Pleasant in 1909. It was placed in the center of the middle intersection of the older portion of the Mt. Pleasant Cemetery. It was then removed and placed on the northeast corner of the Relic Home property.
The placque reads: This Water Fountain was carved from stone from the hills north of Moroni. It was made by Hyrum and Adolph Merz and presented to the City of Mt. Pleasant in 1909.