Hazel Anderson (third from the left) Working and Mt. Pleasant Progress Store
Hazel Anderson ( third from the left) Working at the Mt. Pleasant Progress Store
P: 183 "History of Mt. Pleasant" by Hilda Madsen Longsdorf
During the year, (1908) the Progress Mercantile Company, which became very prominent in the business world, was incorporated with James Larsen, president; F. C. Jensen, vice president; H. C. Jacobs, secretary-treasurer; S. E. Jensen, James Monsen, Andrew Larsen, John Strom and Andrew Swenson, directors. Their place of business was established in the Equitable building, formerly occupied by the Aldrich Brothers.
P. 204 "History of Mt. Pleasant" by Hilda Madsen Longsdorf
The Administration building of the Wasatch Academy was destroyed by fire in April 1933.
This year, Mrs. Hannah 'Barnett and Faireld Larsen purchased the Equitable building, formerly occupied by the Progress Mercantile Co., and established the Barnett & Larsen Drug Store.
Equitable building ( the Progress in earlier days ) after the 1954 fire
from the Elva Guyman Collection