Williamina Henrietta Morrison, daughter of William Morrison was born in Ephraim, March 13, 1859. When she was three months old her parents moved to Mt. Pleasant where their first home was a tent. Here they remained several months where their first home was a tent. Here the remained several months until they moved into the fort for protection with other settlers while struggling to lay the foundation of their future city. During the three years they remained in the fort Mr. Morrison constructerd an adobe house to which he moved his family. They were now the parents of three children. The house was called "Bon Accord" meaning "Unity". As Williamina, now called Mina, grew to young womanhood she was selected to take three months training in telegraphy. The office was opened in the home of Bishop William S. Seely with Mina in charge. Two years later the office was moved to her parent's home. Although Mina was only sixteen years of age when she began her career as a telegraph operator, she was most capable and skillful. In 1891 a telephone system was established between Mt. Pleasant and Fairview along the telegraph line, and Mina became its first operator. Her services as telegraph and telephone operator covered a period of eighteen years.
photos added by Kathy Hafen