Thursday, August 12, 2010

Hope at Mt. Pleasant ~ Basin Drive In ~ Shared by Ms. Kelly Cannon




It's been years since I went

to a drive-in movie.

All of us

piled into the bed of the truck

a mass of bodies, blankets, and pillows

laughing at every joke on screen

and between us,

passing popcorn and sodas

and silently counting the shooting stars.

I'm more focused on catching each one

to make the same wish.



Now

driving back

I'm lying on the back seat.

Paul and Maria & Rachel

separated by a decade

fight over the radio

and exchange corny jokes.

Paul's jacket

rough against my cheek

serves as a decent pillow.

I can't remember the last time

I had so much fun.



Maybe things are getting better

but I can't be sure.

Posted by Ms. Kelly Cannon at 2:21 PM

Does anyone else out there want to share their memories of the Basin Drive In?  Kathy

No comments: